Schedules Available: Full-Time. Primarily Monday-Friday. (10am- 6pm / 11am-7pm)
Central Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is looking for Full-Time Assistant Nurse (RN) Manager whose primary duties are to work alongside the Nurse Manager to plan, organize, develop and supervise the day-to-day nursing activities of a 40 bed Sub Acute/Rehabilitation Unit. The Assistant Nurse Manager plays a key role in creating a positive patient experience. In this role, you will assume responsibility for the overall assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care on the unit to facilitate and deliver comprehensive quality nursing care and to manage the environment in which care is given.
- Ensures that the highest degree of quality patient care is maintained within the prescribed time frames and in coordination with the interdisciplinary team.
- Ensures that a safe and effective resident care environment is maintained at all times.
- Assesses and documents resident’s care needs, at a minimum, upon admission, hospital return, in-house transfer and occurrence of a significant change in condition.
- Ensures that the physician orders are carried out (medication, wound dressing, tube feeding, oxygen monitoring, fluid restrictions).
- Notifies the resident’s attending physician as well as the resident’s legal guardian and/or designated representative with any changes of condition or other clinical events.
- Prioritizes tasks for nursing staff , deals with staffing issues and problems, assists with goals, planning, customer service, etc.
- Ensures that all accident/incidents are recorded and investigated, as needed.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical nursing experience in long-term care setting.
- Licensed in NYS as a registered nurse with CPR certification.